Speak to a Courtlinked.com Expert Today: (800) 327-1031

File My Small Claims
Name Change Dept
Demand Letters
Name Change jurisdiction and venue
Publication of your name change
Parent or Legal Guardian of the minor
Parents & required consent of the minor name change application.
Get the Information you need

Whether its career reason, religious reason, divorce, or simply the dissatisfaction of your current name, let the experts at Courtlinked.com assist you with your legal name change procedures. The associates of Courtlinked.com have assisted thousands of adults and parents with their name change reasons.

Name Change Education Center File Your Name Change Today!

Required Consents For Minor Name Changes

Both parents must give consent for the name change of the minor.

The petitioner is either (1) the parent or (2) the court appointed legal guardian(s) of the minor. If both parents of the minor are present and give full consent to the name change there should not be any complications. However, when there is only one parent filing the minor name change petition it is recommended if the absent biological parent consents to the name change petition.

If the biological or the absent parent cannot be located and the main petitioner does not know the whereabouts of that individual, certain procedure must be followed to satisfy the courts. Some court recommend that the parent filing the name change can put out a publication in seek of that parent or get required petitions from family member. Please contact us or the courts for more information.

Recent Name Change FAQ's
Will filing a name change affect my child support, alimony, or other entitlements?
How long does it usually take to file a name change once submitted to the courthouse?