Speak to a Courtlinked.com Expert Today: (800) 327-1031

File My Small Claims
Name Change Dept
Demand Letters
What is the required state residency?
Get the Information you need

Whether its career reason, religious reason, divorce, or simply the dissatisfaction of your current name, let the experts at Courtlinked.com assist you with your legal name change procedures. The associates of Courtlinked.com have assisted thousands of adults and parents with their name change reasons.

Name Change Education Center File Your Name Change Today!

Basic State Guidelines & Legal Restrictions

State Residency Period

Some state require that the adult or the minor be a resident of that state for a period of 6 months prior to any name change petitions. The state may also ask for certain records to proof that you have been resident in that state for more then 6 mo


Recent Name Change FAQ's
Will filing a name change affect my child support, alimony, or other entitlements?
How long does it usually take to file a name change once submitted to the courthouse?